Sunday, December 14, 2008

Tidbits

Philip told us after practice last week that 'he wasn't scheduled to swim' on the Saturday of the upcoming 2 day swim meet. Mmm curious. I asked about the relays in which he has been a participant EVERY meet, and he made up some story about others getting a chance because somebody broke his foot blah blah blah. Oh but could he go snow boarding. Alarm bells are going off in my head by this point. But I say yes. Days later he fesses up that he asked to not swim on the saturday. Have to appreciate his honesty but I probably won't let him off the hook again:)

So I can't tell, but I think he was a little bummed about having to go to Park City to go tubing with the youth group from St PAul's. He mentioned all that he was missing with his buddies etc.... I held my ground knowing that a couple a fun kids would be going. I am pretty certain from his call this am that he had a blast. They went tubing, cooked a great big dinner with lots of meat, something I think he feels he doesn't get enough of here!!! I got a text from one the adults at 1:17 am that they were having fun. I have yet to see him as he went boarding asap. After 6 new inches at the Bird, he was probably drooling to get on the mountain. I can't wait to hear all about it. All I know is he is now known as the crazy Swede from the youth that I did see at church this am.

Lastly, he asked if we could wait and get our Christmas tree tonight. He has never gone and picked a live one out. I guess his family has a fake one. So we'll wait. It's not like we're hiking into the woods and cutting our own but still it'll be new experience for him.

No comments: