Monday, December 15, 2008

Avalanche

So we have mentioned that it is our preference that Philip not ski out of bounds. Well teenagers do what they want and at least he admitted he probably still will. I just figured he probably thought we were fuddy duddy adults. Well at Snowbird yesterday while he was up there skiing and avalanche occurred IN BOUNDS! We woke up to it on the front page and were a little spooked. Later Philip text me from school asking me if I had heard about it. He didn't know it had even happened and he was there! He seemed a bit sobered by it. We have told him that it is a real danger and to keep his eyes on the signs posted at the lifts. I think he believes us now! We may be investing in a beacon for him. It would do alot to ease our minds even tho it is not fool proof.

No comments: