Thursday, December 25, 2008

Skiing

Have gotten behind on blogging without our computer(going on week 3!! without one). Thankfully Philip is generous with his.

We went skiing at Solitude on Monday. It was the first free day from school and even with a storm coming, we went up. All except Arden who was left home with a sitter for being sassy. Philip was amazed at how empty the parking lot was as was I. People were staying home so we literally had the mountain to share with a couple hundred people.

Philip is a nice boarder! He's very graceful and was probably bored skiing with me b/c I'm so slow!! He was a fun ski buddy and we had fun chatting on the lifts. I am actually a better skier than he saw but the powder was unbelievable and it was my first day up. We went down runs that hadn't seen anyone yet that day. The powder was up to my knees at times and felt like a cloud when you fell...which I did!!!

Also, Mary Ann went up for the first time. She was a little pro and on her own in just a few minutes. Philip was off on his own a bit and seemed to like exploring. What a great day for me to steal him away from his friends and have him all to myself as Dennis was with MA.

Until the next time.

No comments: