We attended the Nutcracker on Friday. Philip has never been to a ballet and there is not a better one to start with! I figure he was a tad bit bummed as 3 of his friends were having birthday parties that he would at best be late for.
He was in a t-shirt and jeans so I asked him to get on a nice sweater. We were all dressed up and I couldn't tell if he just didn't know or if he was digging his heels in at the thought of having to go out with the family and not his buddies. Plus I was asking him to attend a Youth Group function on Saturday so yet another day without his friends or (gasp) being able to snowboard!!!
He obliged and we visited backstage, met some of the crew and finally got to our seats. He says after first act that they never talked! He wasn't aware that dancers don't speak. At the end he confessed that it wasn't as boring as he thought it was going to be! I said we'll be going again, to a luke-warm response!
It turns out that the birthday parties weren't all that and so a night at the ballet, which some of his friends(the girls) thought was cool, was a good choice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment