Sunday, October 19, 2008

UEA

UEA allowed us to vacation as a family. We needed this as I was kinda feeling like Philip was barely around. He's super busy with swimming, 8 practices a week and weekends are spent with friends.
This trip up to the Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Jackson Hole allowed us to just hang out. Lots of time in the car. Arden and he are forging ahead. I realized something...they are both the oldest! Families aren't supposed to have 2 that are the oldest and used to being first!!

Watching them hike, eat, look at animals, geysers etc...they both had to be first or right or the best. OMG the competion was hilarious. And Philip plays hard. Pillow fights started by the girls were answered with an 16 year old's strength. I had to just let my girls figure their way thru the beast. He does know when to let up with them and is quick to apologize however lots of things were discovered this weekend.
Arden's jealousy is subsiding and she holds his hand and plays with him w/out us right there. MA kisses him goodnight and lays with him watching movies on his computer. He handled a very long portion of the car ride home sitting in the very back b/c Arden needed to pull rank! Later he was quick with a video to calm the girls down. Dennis and I were thankful!!
So we made a fun weekend out of it. We bonded, we laughed and I was so happy. We weren't home 10 minutes tho before he was asking to hang out with Dane??? We said sure, when will he be here, and he laughed and said...'He's right outside!' Little shit was planning his escape the whole time...:)

No comments: