Having 2 girls, I never thought I would have to beg the question to my son"why do you where your pants so low" And even if I did, my 'son' wouldn't old enough to do that for years and hopefully the trend would have changed by then. That said with Philip here I hae had to resist the urge to say "pull up you pants!" While on the trip, he and Arden were skipping rocks and her pants slipped down and I said pull up your pants. Philip turned around and looked and I said "oh not you." We then told him about what we American's refer to as bagging. Who thought this was fashionable? What desiner came up with this one? Philip says it comes from an old Swedish guy who's pants are falling down. That seems like a stretch and we laughed about that. He says he sometimes tells tall tales about Sweden to his friends here. That sounded a bit 'tall.'
Also, sadly we had to ask that he not call home so much. This seems like a pretty crucial time to emerse himself. With his B-day and the holidays coming , we want him to be here, fully. Dennis and I hated to tell him , and his P's and Girlfriend, but all seemed ok. Hosting is tough when you have to lay down the law with a child who is not your own. Thankfully, he has been so easy. I think it will begin to feel more like home without constant reminders of home. I will however continue to make Gravlox. We enjoy that together!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment