Sunday, October 12, 2008

Church

So we are regular church goers. Philip has come a few times and I don't know what he thinks. We don't make him, STS discourages that, and I feel he and his parents can make those decisions together. However, today my Sr high Sunday school class came to my house to make breakfast. The planned hike to ANtelope Island was altered due to snow. About 7 kids came and he participated in making pancakes, bacon, fruit salad etc.... All the kids were wondering about the homemade whipped cream on pancakes with lingon berry jelly? Those who tried it loved it.

Anyway, the SS teachers like to mix it up with our kids. It keeps them coming and creates fellowship between them. Philip fits in fine and seems to like the kids.

We nearly always celebrate Eucharist together and he receives it, but I hope he doesn't feel pressured. I don't want him to feel he has to do what we do. If he finds a sense of community he's comfortable with, then great. If he comes back to that later in life, even better but under no circumstances do I want him to feel pressure.

No comments: