Monday, September 15, 2008

The State Fair

Philip, Arden, Mary Ann and I went to the Utah State Fair with the Johnson's. It was a great people watching experience for one thing, but also a chance to show Philip the fair food extravaganza! He had a Brat which was whoefully small,a Gyro that was ok and a fried onion blossom that was the pile of grease in all it's glory! He took the big kids on rides we visited some cows and then we headed back to the Johnson's.

He sat upstairs with Sara and I hung out. We played Backgammon, talked about wine, drinking and driving and swedish vs american kids. Sara and I were enlightened. I asked him if ever hung out with his mom like this and he kinda chuckled and said no. Maybe we are still a novelty or maybe he doesn't know enough kids yet but for the afternoon I felt awesome.

Philip tells it like it is about teens behavior. I appreciate that. I always give him an out like "I'm not trying to pry" but he speaks openly anyway.

The Dad's arrived home from golf and a serious game of WII Mario something something took place. sara and I finshed our wine on lounge chairs looking over the Wasatch Mountains. Nice Day!

No comments: