Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Gravlox

My first attempt at Gravlox since Philip arrived is upon us. I have, mind you, made it before from scratch. However he arrived with packets of the seasoning from Sweden. He did not intend on going a full year without what I'm finding out is one of his favorite meals.

So I dash to costco to get a salmon big enough and picked up one with the skin on the back. Shopping with a 2 year old in tow can cause one to do this! I attempt to cut the skin off and gnaw the back of the fish up a bit to say the least. After I add the seasoning Philip takes a look, admitting he has no idea how his mom's looks but says..."oh we usually leave the back on and cut down to it when we eat it"

So, my fish will be ugly but it is marinating. TBC

My two girls are slow to warm up. Arden won't do much with Philip yet but is coming around. Mary Ann calls him'Billip' which sounds more like 'bip' He's sweet as heck to both of them. He's making friends fast receiving lots of invites to do things. I have to wonder if he thinks Americans are paranoid with our constant questions of who is that person again. Maybe it is just me and I'm clueless

No comments: